FOR YOUR ENERGY NEEDS
Looking for a cost-effective way to switch to renewable energy? Our selection of used solar panels provides an affordable and sustainable solution for your energy needs. Request our refurbished solar panels inventory list now and start enjoying the benefits of clean energy.
BUY Tested and inspected solar panels
Our expert technicians carefully inspect each used solar panel to ensure that it meets our strict standards for performance and reliability. We then clean, repair, and upgrade any components as needed, so that you can be confident that you are buying refurbished solar panels that perform like new.
Buying refurbished solar panels from us not only saves you money, but also helps to reduce waste and contribute to a more sustainable future. By giving these used solar panels a second life, we are reducing their impact on the environment and helping to create a more circular economy.
We offer a wide range of high-quality used solar panels that are guaranteed to perform like new.
We have a variety of solar panels with different specifications, so you can buy the perfect option for your unique energy needs. Whether you need a smaller panel for a residential application or a larger panel for a commercial project, we have you covered.
Use the form below to request a complete inventory list of used solar panels today!
buy Used Solar Panels
THE PROCESS FOR buying SOLAR PANEL MODULES IS SIMPLE
request A LIST
Request a complete list of refurbished solar panels through our form.
Once you choose a solar panel to buy, send us a payment the preferred way.
we SHIP IT
As soon as the payment is received, we'll securely send you solar panels.
Contact us for volume discounts and quotes on refurbished solar panels.
By submitting this form, I agree to receive email responses from Solar Recycling.
buy solar equipment
buy solar panels
Solar Asset Recovery is the best solution for you if you want to buy used and refurbished solar panels.
buy solar batteries
If you are interested in buying refurbished solar batteries, we've got a solution just for you.
BUY SOLAR inverters
Interested in buying used or refurbished solar inverters? We ship globally.
Frequently Asked Questions
The refurbishment process for used or end-of-life solar panels typically involve the following steps:
- Visual inspection: assessing and evaluating the overall condition of the solar panels
- Cleaning: elimination of contaminants and unwanted elements (dust, dirt, debris, etc.)
- Testing: basic electrical testing (i.e., using a multimeter) to verify the panels are functional
- Repair: repairing any minor physical and electrical damage as needed
- Reassembly: reassembling the panel and testing everything to ensure it’s working properly
While the steps involved may seem simple, the actual process can be lengthy and complex. Refurbishing a single solar panel may be time-consuming, depending on the condition of the panel.
The cost of refurbishing solar panels will vary, depending on the type, size, and condition of the panel. However, in most cases, the cost of a refurbished panel is much more affordable than buying a brand-new one. This makes the process of buying used solar panels safer and a better way to save money if you are considering solar energy.
There are a variety of methods we can use to test the performance of used solar panels to make sure we offer you only high-quality used solar panels to buy. One of the most common methods is to use a solar testing multimeter.
A solar testing multimeter is a specialized type of equipment that can measure the irradiance, voltage, and current of a solar panel:
- Irradiance testing: measuring the amount of sunlight that the solar panel can absorb
- Voltage testing: measuring the amount of voltage (electrical potential) the panel can generate
- Current testing: measuring the amount of electrical current that can be produced by the solar panel
To test a used solar panel using the solar panel multimeter, here are the basic steps involved:
- Make sure the solar panel is placed in direct sunlight or recreate similar lighting.
- Connect the solar testing multimeter equipment to the solar panel.
- Follow the instructions provided by the multimeter’s manufacturer and set the multimeter to the correct settings
- You can start taking readings of the irradiance, current, and voltage of the solar panel
Solar testing multimeters are relatively affordable and easy to use and are pretty accurate in evaluating the used solar panel’s performance. It can help you make sure that you buy a used solar panel in good condition.
We offer a 30-day warranty on used solar panels you buy from us, which should protect you from any defects in workmanship or materials.
This means if an old solar panel you bought from us fails within 30 days of the purchase, we will either repair or replace the panel completely free of charge.
It is, however, critical to note that the 30-day warranty on our refurbished solar panel does not cover any damage caused by improper use or installation. For example, if a panel is damaged when it is not installed properly according to the instructions provided, the customer may not be able to claim the warranty.
Yes, we can provide comprehensive documentation on what has been done throughout the refurbishment process for all used solar panels we offer to buy, as well as the testing results of the refurbished panel.
Here at Solar Recycling, we have a team of professional and experienced technicians who perform thorough testing and inspection of each used panel before the refurbishment to ensure that each panel meets our highest standards of quality.
The testing and inspection results for each panel are recorded in our database, and the information is always available to customers upon request.
We believe that complete and comprehensive documentation of the testing and refurbishment processes is an important part of our commitment to ensuring customers always buy high-quality used solar panels and equipment.
When the refurbishment process is done properly, a refurbished solar panel can be just as good as brand-new solar panels in terms of efficiency and lifespan. The median solar panel degradation rate is around 0.5% per year, which indicates that the energy output of a solar panel will drop by 0.5% every year. Your panels should still be producing around 90% of their original output after 20 years.
Yet, obviously, the performance and efficiency of refurbished panels may vary depending on the age and condition of the used solar panels before refurbishment.
New solar panels typically have an efficiency of 15-20%. This means it can convert 15%-20% of the direct sunlight it receives into electricity. Refurbished solar panels, on the other hand, typically have an efficiency between 10% and 15%.
On the other hand, the average lifespan of a brand-new solar panel is around 25 to 30 years. 10-year-old refurbished solar panels should have an average lifespan of 15 to 20 years.
Keep in mind that the refurbished solar panel’s efficiency and lifespan can be improved with a good refurbishment process. So, it is important to buy used solar panels from an experienced used solar panel vendor like Solar Recycling.
Here at Solar Recycling, we offer a variety of used solar panels available for buying, including:
- Monocrystalline solar panels: made from a single crystal (monocrystal) of silicon, making them very efficient but also expensive.
- Amorphous solar panels: made from a non-crystalline form of silicon. They are not very efficient, but also the least expensive.
- Polycrystalline solar panels: made from multiple silicon crystals. Less efficient than monocrystalline panels, but more efficient than amorphous solar panels. Less expensive than monocrystalline panels.
- Thin-film solar panels: made from thin semiconductors, which make them lighter and more flexible than silicon panels. However, they are less efficient than silicon panels.
The exact types available for purchase will vary depending on the availability of inventory.
The wattage of the solar panels available for sale will also vary depending on the availability, but some wattage that are typically available include:
- 250 watts
- 300 watts
- 350 watts
- 400 watts
A solar panel’s wattage is the amount of power that it can generate. The higher the wattage, the more power the solar panel can generate.
Solar Recycling understands the importance of quality in used equipment, and we guarantee that the used solar panels available to buy in our inventory have been tested to ensure they are still properly functional and in good condition.
If you are interested in buying used or refurbished solar panels, contact Solar Recycling immediately to inquire about the current inventory.
Yes, here at Solar Recycling, we can customize refurbished solar panels according to your specific needs.
We have a wide variety of solar panels available with different types, models, and wattage, and we can work with you to find the most ideal solution for your unique needs–whether you are a business or an individual.
In order to create a custom package for your specific requirements, we will ask you a few questions regarding the following:
- The size of your installation (and the space available)
- The amount of power you need
- Your available budget
- Any specific requirements/needs you may have
Once we have a clear understanding of your requirements, we will closely work with you to create a customized package of refurbished solar panels that will truly be your own.
In creating these customized packages, we will only use the highest-quality panels in our inventory that have undergone a rigorous testing process. We will also offer a warranty on all of our refurbished and used solar panels you buy.
Last but not least, we guarantee competitive prices in our customized packages to stay aligned with our vision of providing a cost-effective and sustainable way to generate electricity with our refurbished solar panels.
If you are interested in learning more about buying used solar panel packages from Solar Recycling, please contact us today. Our team of experts would be happy to help you create the perfect customized solution for your unique needs.
Refurbished solar panels are—in the majority of cases—much more affordable than brand-new panels, while still being able to provide many years of reliable electricity generation via renewable energy.
So, in most cases, refurbished solar panels can be an ideal solution for powering most commercial solar projects.
However, there are a few considerations you may need to have when weighing whether to buy used solar panels for your specific case or not:
- The panels’ condition. You should make sure the refurbished solar panels are in good condition and are fully functional. They must have been thoroughly tested and inspected. Ask the refurbished panel’s vendor about the warranty offered for the panels.
- The panels’ efficiency. It’s natural that refurbished solar panels would be less efficient than brand-new panels, so it’s important to evaluate their efficiency. Buy used solar panels that are at least 80% efficient. Meaning, they will convert at least 80% of the sunlight received into electricity.
- Warranty: A good vendor or supplier should offer a warranty that covers the cost of repairing or replacing the panels if the refurbished panels fail within this warranty period.
If you are considering buying used solar panels for your commercial solar project, it’s critical to choose a reputable vendor. Make sure to do your research and carefully inspect the refurbished panels before you commit to purchasing them.
The cost savings when you buy used solar panels compared to getting a brand-new one can reach 50% or more. This is only natural since refurbished solar panels are essentially used solar panels, so they are sold at significantly discounted prices.
However, it’s important to consider that different refurbished solar panels come in different conditions (both physical and functional conditions) and prices. It’s important to do your research, buy old solar panels only from reputable suppliers, and evaluate as many options as you can before making your decision.
Here are some tips for saving more money on buying used solar panels:
- Buy used solar panels in the summer: the cost of solar panels is typically lower during the summer
- Choose a smaller solar panel: a smaller system is typically lower in cost, so if you want to save more money, consider getting a smaller system.
- Get an energy audit: an energy audit on your home or your facility can help you identify new ways to improve energy efficiency, so you can reduce the number of solar panels needed.
- Leverage government incentives: ask your local government whether they have any incentives available for purchasing and installing refurbished solar panels. These incentives may help you save even more money on the cost of your refurbished solar system.
At the moment, Solar Recycling does not offer installation services for used solar panels you buy from us. As a solar panel recycling company, our focus is on recycling, refurbishing, and reselling used solar panels.